Many eye diseases have no early warning signs or symptoms. For this reason, it is very important to take advantage of Dr. Christian's comprehensive eye exam. While anyone can tell if they have some eye discomfort or that they aren’t seeing as well as they used to, it takes an ophthalmologist performing an ophthalmic exam to correctly diagnose and then treat the condition.
Eye diseases can be prevented through early detection
Your best defense against eye diseases is to have routine eye exams. Early detection and treatment could prevent vision loss. If you have a sudden change in vision, if everything looks dim, or if you see flashes of light, call our office right away to see Dr. Christian. Other symptoms that need quick attention are pain, double vision, fluid coming from the eye, and inflammation.
This comprehensive eye exam performed by Dr. Christian is of superior importance for the future of your eye. It can help detect eye conditions before they become a bigger problem and is simply more detailed than a standard exam. It will include:
- An in-depth consultation regarding your overall health, medical history, symptoms, history of corrective eyewear and more
- A visual acuity test
- A refraction test
- A stereopsis test (3D vision test)
- Peripheral vision test
- Determining the condition and strength of your eye muscles
- Pupil dilation test
- The use of an ophthalmoscope (used to view the structures in the back of the eye)
- The use of a Tonometer (used to test the inside pressure of the eye, vital to the detection of glaucoma)
Schedule a consultation
To prevent eye disease or receive help with an eye condition, your next step is a consultation with Dr. Christian. He keeps abreast of any improvements in this technology and procedure. This means you benefit from a surgeon who has the expertise to back up his compassion for his patients. Please call our office today to schedule a consultation.